Bob Beale has been writing on science and the environment since he worked as a journalist for The Sydney Morning Herald. Here he reflects on the lack of concern and the lack of real action in dealing with a world he sees as crumbling. What does Earth need to do to get our attention? He lists massive changes seen around Australia’s coastline in just the past 6 months. Records are being broken all over the world with 2015 the hottest year, eclipsing the previous hottest 2014. 2016 is shaping up as being hotter again. Much of the extra heat is absorbed by the oceans which too are warming sending aquatic species towards the poles. Where is the urgency? Where is the action? The political solution says Bob Beale is to deflect, distract, deny and delay.
de-carbonise, zero carbon, global warming, climate change, renewable energy, phillip island, bass coast
- Wise words by David Suzuki
- Eastern Victoria electricity company Ausnet bans Tesla Powerwall 2
- Democracy – will school kids come to its rescue before it’s completely ripped off?
- Australia’s top 10 tax dodgers: EnergyAustralia
- The Supreme Court is about to kick America’s democratic death spiral into overdrive
- Follow @BernieMcComb
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets