Deforestation typically takes place in remote locations and in secret. If Australians could see the extent of it, would they stand for it?
Mass deforestation isn’t limited to the developing world. It doesn’t only happen in the Amazon. In fact, Australia has one of the most severe deforestation fronts on the planet.
- Queensland clears nearly 300,000Ha of native bush every year.
- Recent law changes in NSW have put a further 8,000,000Ha at risk.
- Land clearing is a leading driver of biodiversity loss in Australia.
- Cleared trees wasted, left to rot or burned – considerable source of carbon emissions.
- Deforestation weakens our landscape’s resilience to climate change.
Help fund solution: Sky Scout – Drones Against Deforestation.