de-carbonise, zero carbon, global warming, climate change, renewable energy, phillip island, bass coast
- The Australian press gallery needs to a take a long hard look at itself
- Gerrymanders undermine American democracy – Jared Diamond – The Science Show – ABC Radio National
- Vast stores of carbon dioxide in seabeds could be released as oceans warm – The Science Show – ABC Radio National
- A third of plants and animals risk mass extinction
- What Minister Angus needs to do – Climate target set by IPCC requires 12 Australian coal-fired power stations to close: Parliamentary Library report
- COALition don’t have any plans for anything, possibly a title page, mostly just blank or redacted paper. No plan so… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: renewables
Australia has been presented with a credible plan to reach 90 per cent renewables and slash emissions. Why is federal government so idiotically avoiding it? — Read on reneweconomy.com.au/australia-has-a-credible-path-to-a-low-carbon-grid-why-wont-the-coalition-embrace-it-72686/
About ABC news items, biased against large scale renewable energy, in favour of fossils, corrections by people who definitely know what they’re talking about, >more> RenewEconomy
Pixabay/Wikimedia Commons An ACIL Allen report to the Australian Governmentlists the technical lifetime of each power station, and shows that two-thirds of Australia’s fossil fuel generation capacity will reach the end of its technical lifetime over the next two decades. The practical … Continue reading
The Retirement of coal fired power stations inquiry report, due to be tabled in the Senate on Monday afternoon, has recommended that coal fired power stations be retired and no new stations built, to make way for lower-emissions sources of power such … Continue reading
Cutting carbon emissions in line with the Paris climate goals could generate more than 1 million extra jobs by 2040 as Australia transforms its energy and other sectors provided policy settings are right, a new study has found…The Jobs in a … Continue reading
How disappointing can it get with Turnbull and Co, blaming renewables for 80,000 lightning strikes, 23 transmission towers down, so no way for delivery of any kind of electricity ?
How about Developing countries beating Developed?
At last, analysis premised on all fossil fuel assets needing to be replaced before 2030, which makes it a no-brainer that renewables win(unless our leaders make subsidies to fossil fuels even bigger than currently) >more> RenewEconomy
What is particularly unfortunate about Gates’ mistaken rhetoric is that it can disempower people and policymakers and pundits into thinking that individual or even government action is not the central weapon needed to win the climate fight and that our only hope … Continue reading
Victoria now generating 30% from renewables. How ’bout that? Say no more, a nod’s as good as a wink!