de-carbonise, zero carbon, global warming, climate change, renewable energy, phillip island, bass coast
- Coronavirus is a wake-up call: our war with the environment is leading to pandemics
- The ozone layer is healing and redirecting wind flows around the globe
- “An underwater bushfire”: third mass bleaching event in five years on the Great Barrier Reef confirmed – Australian Geographic
- Is the Sun causing global warming? – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet
- Coronavirus lives for hours in air particles and days on surfaces, new US study shows
- Coronavirus is a wake-up call: our war with the environment is leading to pandemics groundswellbasscoast.com/2020/03/31/cor… 8 hours ago
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
The world’s best fire management system is in northern Australia, and it’s led by Indigenous land managers
The extent of this achievement is staggering, almost incomprehensible in a southern Australia context after the summer’s devastating bushfires.
— Read on theconversation.com/the-worlds-best-fire-management-system-is-in-northern-australia-and-its-led-by-indigenous-land-managers-133071
Highly recommended, BERNIE.
Even after the black summer Australians have just endured, it’s not bushfires that’s keeping the nation’s insurers awake at night. Climate change is bringing cyclones further south – towards highly populated areas like Brisbane, the Gold Coast and northern NSW. Insurers are warning that unless the Federal Government takes drastic action, parts of the country may even become uninsurable. And as Geoff Thompson discovers, its not some threat on the horizon – the conditions are already here.
— Read on www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/backgroundbriefing/cant-get-house-fixed-homeless/12030420
6 March, 2020 – Climate change so far has meant more vigorous forest growth as greenhouse gases rise. The tropical forests may soon change that.
— Read on climatenewsnetwork.net/tropical-forests-may-be-heating-earth-by-2035/
The European winter has been the hottest on record, scientists have declared, with temperatures 3.4C higher than the average from 1981-2010, and as high as 6C above average in cities like Helsinki in Finland.
4 March, 2020 − There is a way to stop Europe’s coastal cities from vanishing below the waves – enclose the North Sea. But there’s a simpler solution.
— Read on climatenewsnetwork.net/north-sea-dams-could-save-europes-coasts/
Tasmania Liberal government says it will release a new Renewable Energy Action Plan in April, to chart the path to updated target of 200% renewables generation by 2040.
— Read on reneweconomy.com.au/tasmania-sets-world-leading-target-of-200-per-cent-renewables-by-2040/
NT Fracking Worse Than All Australian Coal Power Stations Combined | The Australia Institute
— Read on www.tai.org.au/content/nt-fracking-worse-all-australian-coal-power-stations-combined