Rail has lowest carbon footprint out of all major means of transport – it has only an eighth of the carbon footprint of air travel and a third that of road. 2021 has been declared the “European Year of Rail”, initiative designed to Rail on track for sustainable future
the sector and support EU’s climate objectives.
…encourage passengers and freight onto rail rather than roads. A case in point is France’s ban on domestic flights, in instances when alternative journey can be made by rail in two and a half hours or less.
de-carbonise, zero carbon, global warming, climate change, renewable energy, phillip island, bass coast
- Will the Food and Livestock Industry Follow Fossil Fuels Over the Market Cliff? — Paul Gilding
- Human chain (politics) – Wikipedia
- T-Omega re-thinks floating offshore wind turbines for huge cost savings
- John Pilger: Silencing the lambs. How propaganda works | Green Left
- The Vanishing River – Foreign Correspondent
- Follow @BernieMcComb
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets