Rail has lowest carbon footprint out of all major means of transport – it has only an eighth of the carbon footprint of air travel and a third that of road. 2021 has been declared the “European Year of Rail”, initiative designed to Rail on track for sustainable future
the sector and support EU’s climate objectives.
…encourage passengers and freight onto rail rather than roads. A case in point is France’s ban on domestic flights, in instances when alternative journey can be made by rail in two and a half hours or less.
de-carbonise, zero carbon, global warming, climate change, renewable energy, phillip island, bass coast
- Ban on new gas connections will help transition Victoria away from fossil fuels, inquiry finds | Renewable energy
- Critical climate indicators broke records in 2021, says UN | Climate crisis | The Guardian
- Scientists call for incentives to help households transition away from gas use in homes – ABC News
- Netherlands to ban fossil heating from 2026, make heat pumps mandatory – EURACTIV.com
- Fossil fuel companies dodging the PRRT are stealing from Australians
- Follow @BernieMcComb
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets