Rail has lowest carbon footprint out of all major means of transport – it has only an eighth of the carbon footprint of air travel and a third that of road. 2021 has been declared the “European Year of Rail”, initiative designed to Rail on track for sustainable future
the sector and support EU’s climate objectives.
…encourage passengers and freight onto rail rather than roads. A case in point is France’s ban on domestic flights, in instances when alternative journey can be made by rail in two and a half hours or less.
de-carbonise, zero carbon, global warming, climate change, renewable energy, phillip island, bass coast
- Conservatives want Australia’s cricket captain to shut up about climate
- Morrison and Taylor outline vision for more fossil gas fields, and more pipelines | RenewEconomy
- ‘Vandals’: Victoria, Queensland fume over federal climate intervention
- A unity ticket to challenge the integrity vacuum in Canberra
- ‘Mistakes of the 1930s’: Peter Dutton ramps up China rhetoric as Keating calls him a ‘dangerous personality’ | Peter Dutton
- What sense does it make to get more female MPs, if they’re women and subject to sexual abuse? Not my fault, some th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets