Rail has lowest carbon footprint out of all major means of transport – it has only an eighth of the carbon footprint of air travel and a third that of road. 2021 has been declared the “European Year of Rail”, initiative designed to Rail on track for sustainable future
the sector and support EU’s climate objectives.
…encourage passengers and freight onto rail rather than roads. A case in point is France’s ban on domestic flights, in instances when alternative journey can be made by rail in two and a half hours or less.
— Read on www.schroders.com/en/au/individuals/insights/sustainability/planes-trains-and-automobiles–how-is-europes-transport-sector-curbing-its-emissions/
de-carbonise, zero carbon, global warming, climate change, renewable energy, phillip island, bass coast
- Climate Code Red: James Hansen’s new climate bomb: Are today’s greenhouse gas levels enough to raise sea levels by 60+ metres?
- I love electric vehicles – and was an early adopter. But increasingly I feel duped
- Green bonds: How the markets may turn out to be Great Barrier Reef’s saviour
- FOI exposes RAAF Growler rip off – Pearls and Irritations
- Want more cycling, e-bikes and scooters? It’s time to start asking the right questions – The Fifth Estate
TwitsTweets by BernieMcComb
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets