So much concrete is poured for a new nuclear station that it adds to climate change before construction is complete. By the time any reactors financed by this scheme are up and running, the battle to avoid the atmosphere overheating could well be lost, according to scientists. A similar idea was tried in the US – getting consumers to pay up front for two nuclear power reactors in South Carolina – but it was abandoned when $9bn had already been spent.
de-carbonise, zero carbon, global warming, climate change, renewable energy, phillip island, bass coast
- Australia up there, as loser, again
- Ancient tree shows result of magnetic pole switch
- Could ecological interest rates help the Earth?
- AEMO reconsiders plan to model ‘gas led recovery’, after idea panned by energy market
- Climate campaign teens prepare for Federal Court battle with Sussan Ley over coal expansion
- Follow @BernieMcComb
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets