Again simple…We provide global evidence that mangroves shelter economic activity during tropical cyclone exposure and that this sheltering prevents otherwise permanent losses to economic activity. These findings reveal that even modest mangrove forest coverage has the capacity to provide tremendous storm protection services, which highlights the need for mangrove conservation in many vulnerable coastal communities.
de-carbonise, zero carbon, global warming, climate change, renewable energy, phillip island, bass coast
- Monsoon changes threaten Asia and warn the world
- IEEFA: Competitive renewables wipe decades off economic life of Australia’s longest gas pipeline
- Giant offshore turbines set to drive plummeting cost of wind power
- San Francisco just banned gas in all new buildings. Could it ever happen in Australia?
- Species continuing migration to cooler habitat
- @ABCNewsLive ABC1 news just now, congrats promo Twiggy and Woodside, please advise if green H2 still news, or Educ… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets