There is no carbon budget for 1.5°C, which means that to achieve this outcome, from now on every tonne of emissions must be matched by a tonne of drawdown of atmospheric carbon.
From high altitude reflecting aerosols, temporary cooling is estimated at 0.7°C, so global warming is likely to accelerate in the next few decades if the cooling influence of human-generated aerosols declines. When this is taken into account, the implied warming for the current level of greenhouse gases is more than 2°C.
de-carbonise, zero carbon, global warming, climate change, renewable energy, phillip island, bass coast
- LNP even further out of touch
- Melbourne traffic: Australia’s lack of people planning is a road to nowhere
- Australia out in front with energy trading via Blockchain
- G7 governments continue to provide at least $100 billion in subsidies to the production and use of coal, oil and gas,
- Full absurdity of National Energy Guarantee laid bare : RenewEconomy
- Follow @BernieMcComb
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets