There is no carbon budget for 1.5°C, which means that to achieve this outcome, from now on every tonne of emissions must be matched by a tonne of drawdown of atmospheric carbon.
From high altitude reflecting aerosols, temporary cooling is estimated at 0.7°C, so global warming is likely to accelerate in the next few decades if the cooling influence of human-generated aerosols declines. When this is taken into account, the implied warming for the current level of greenhouse gases is more than 2°C.
de-carbonise, zero carbon, global warming, climate change, renewable energy, phillip island, bass coast
- UK urged to remove carbon from gas
- Woefully inadequate’: Morrison government to use Paris climate short-cut
- 6 clues you might be in a Climate Emergency if…
- Ocasio-Cortez says we need World War II-scale action on climate. Here’s what that looks like. – ThinkProgress
- Early rain as Arctic warms means more methane
- Meeting AGL with APA, advised gas in $450M taxpayer pipeline from NSW, "our" gas goes to NSW! Coz AGL has big marke… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 17 hours ago
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets