Scale of problem this year is stretch of coastline as much as 200km long, with contamination preventing any catch in the seafood industry. In general, such blooms are caused by fertiliser run off, causing fast reproduction, growth and death of algae, deoxygenating water, with marine life becoming toxic to humans and/or dying.
de-carbonise, zero carbon, global warming, climate change, renewable energy, phillip island, bass coast
- Australia ‘on brink’ of ‘apocalyptic’ weather |
- I never thought I’d see the Australian rainforest burning. What will it take for us to wake up to the climate crisis?
- Adani Group puts in last-minute bid for Indian Navy’s Rs 45,000-crore submarine project
- Climate crisis is greatest ever threat to human rights, UN warns
- Shoppers warned to brace for higher food prices as Murray-Darling Basin faces increasing dry – Politics
- Why hold back, why not command that @israelfolau wisdom on iComments/TheConversation? Is @SenatorAbetz why… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets