Companies charged are:
- National Power Australia Investments Limited
- Hazelwood Pacific Pty Ltd
- Australian Power Partners B.V.
- Hazelwood Churchill Pty Ltd.
These charges allege that, as a result of the fire, the atmosphere in the region of the mine was so changed as to make, or be reasonably expected to make, the atmosphere:
- noxious or poisonous or offensive to the senses of human beings
- harmful or potentially harmful to health, welfare, safety or property of human beings
- detrimental to any beneficial use made of the atmosphere.