From a speech by Minister Julie Bishop last year “Within the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade we will establish a new Development Innovation Hub to drive increased innovation throughout Australia’s aid program” Today, on RN Breakfast, celebrity for opening ceremony is well known climate change denier Bjorn Lomborg. His tune has changed a little, nominating that, to improve the world and raise people out of poverty, $549Billion subsidies to fossil fuels is unreasonable burden on world economy. How about that? Of course, it’s so safe for him to say, because himself and governments are so dependent on fossil fuel “donations” that subsidies won’t be moving any time soon. Then, back on gospel, current renewable energy technology is not cost effective, to the extent that money should not be wasted on any further projects, not until R&D comes up with solutions that are simple and cheap!! Isn’t simple and cheap the greed which kills the goose that lays the golden egg? After so much demolition of budgets, for established R&D facilities, e.g. complete closure CSIRO Forest Research, do we really need a new one, with so much scam potential, in a department so far away from R&D community?
de-carbonise, zero carbon, global warming, climate change, renewable energy, phillip island, bass coast
- Can’t count on gas.
- Heatwave sees record high temperatures around world this week
- Global temperature rises could be double those predicted by climate modelling
- It might be too late to save these Australian ecosystems from climate change | The Independent
- EU’s next 1.5degC model could destabilise Paris Agreement
- If disposable nappies are made from plastic fibres not composting for 20 years, how much longer before they're banned? @QandA #WarOnWasteAU 2 hours ago
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets